“The society which has abolished every kind of adventure makes its own abolition the only possible adventure.” Paris, May 1968


Thursday 25 March 2010

You could knock me down with a feather. Lone anarchist voice on Orwell longlist.

I read a few political blogs. Perhaps not as many as some of you do but enough to know that there is a lot of well researched and skillfully crafted writing in blogospace. So with this in mind I'm sure you will be as gobsmacked as I was at the news that Bad Old Days is on the Orwell Prize longlist. Some of the other bloggers are proper journalists and stuff. Her indoors is well impressed.

3 comments:

BenSix said...

Congrats! Have only just discovered this blog, and it's bloody good fun.

bob said...

Congratulations. You're by far the most interesting blogger on the longlist

henry said...

Yes! You earned it, fantastic news, you do a great blog, congratulations.
(And I am such a twat I can't resist saying - I fucking told you so.....!)
So, now, find a friendly "agenty" type of person to generate some press interest. Honest, again, no joke. The Green Room and free nibbles await.
With luck you might even meet Emily Maitlis (that is a joke, tho she is a sweetie).
Well done again, best wishes. Fantastic.