“The society which has abolished every kind of adventure makes its own abolition the only possible adventure.” Paris, May 1968


Friday 8 July 2011

At times like this.

With the News International drama gathering such pace that my head was spinning, I thought that I would get away from it all yesterday and pay a visit to the Museum of London. It was the exhibition of street photography that I really wanted to see but after the completion of a major refurb last year the museum itself is quite outstanding. Apart from the kind of exhibits that you might expect, the London from Stone Age to Steam Age malarkey so loved by curators, there's a refreshing emphasis on London's political movements and popular culture. Great stuff. As for the street photography - it was just wonderful.
Not until I returned home did I discover that Murdoch had decided to cut his losses and pull the plug on the News Of The World and that Cameron had given the nod for Coulson to have his collar felt. At times like this you just don't know who to turn to. Expect the Queen to come under the influence of a half-mad cleric, the emergence of weird castration cults and for everything to be swept away as the people of the abyss pour onto the streets.

2 comments:

Gitane said...

I grew up in the North Kensington that Roger Mayne?was photographing. Same time too. Any chance of anyone giving me references of his stuff to satisfy my nostalgia. The internet references have been unsatisfactory so far.

Anonymous said...

http://www.rogermayne.com/work.html