“The society which has abolished every kind of adventure makes its own abolition the only possible adventure.” Paris, May 1968


Monday 18 April 2011

Who would you most like to piss off?

I don't think that there has been a time in my memory when politicians have been viewed by the average punter with as much contempt as they are today. Of course in amongst the careerists, ideologs and charlatans there are some very genuinely committed people. But they tend to stick out like sore thumbs. For myself, I tend to view parliamentary politics as a spectator sport only marginally more exciting than crown green bowls and certainly not as interesting as archery. The AV Yes/No campaigns may be keeping the Westminster Village awake at night but from what I can make of it those people who do bother to vote on the issue at all will do so on the basis of who they most want to piss off - Cameron or Clegg. Tough call.

No comments: