“The society which has abolished every kind of adventure makes its own abolition the only possible adventure.” Paris, May 1968


Friday 22 April 2011

A prickly customer.



A daughter arrives. She has come to borrow a tent and deposit an African Pygmy Hedgehog that we are looking after while she and her boyfriend go camping. His name is Pumpkin ( the hedgehog not the boyfriend ) and he is nocturnal and sleeps all day; as does the boyfriend given half a chance, or so I am told.
I don't suppose that Pumpkin will be a lot of trouble and at least he will take my mind of the impending dawn raids. I'm worried sick. Supposing I'm not considered important enough to be picked up in the first wave but am relegated to the second or even third wave? What will people think? Worse still, supposing that having perused my latest publication The Parliamentary Road To Anarchism, the powers that be decide to just ignore me altogether? Whatever happens next week - Pumpkin and I will face it together.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

But think of the dollars when you sue them for wrongful arrest and false imprisonment! In the meantime circulate this http://libcom.org/organise/no-comment-the-defendants-guide-to-arrest

henry said...

Now that you're harbouring an African Pygmy Hedgehog they'll bombard your place with tasty slugs then send in a bomb disposal robot holding out a saucer of bread & milk.