“The society which has abolished every kind of adventure makes its own abolition the only possible adventure.” Paris, May 1968


Friday 16 April 2010

Orwell Prize Shortlist.

Well, it was fun while it lasted and everyone likes to have their ego massaged a little but my adventures in The Orwell Prize have come to an end. Good luck to the six bloggers who made it to the shortlist. I especially like Penny Red, although I don't imagine that the feeling is mutual. I had hoped that with an "Orwell" and possibly the prize for best allotment that I might be able to finally pull the birds. Best laid plans etc. Not a word to her indoors about that last bit mind.

1 comment:

henry said...

Commiserations, but well done - the only anarchist to get on the list, ever. And that must be worth a peck on the cheek from somebody.
(Plus it relieves you of the embarrassment of refusing the big prize because of your deeply held anti-elitist beliefs...)