“The society which has abolished every kind of adventure makes its own abolition the only possible adventure.” Paris, May 1968


Thursday 25 February 2010

BT Broadband? Don't do it.

If ever there was an example of "don't fix it if it ain't broke......." We decided to change our broadband provider (if that's the right word) and the last 36 hours have been a complete cyberspace nightmare. My Hotmail account has disappeared, Blogger is not functioning normally and Google Analytics has thrown a wobbler. BT claim that it's nothing to do with them but I bet that the standing order works OK. Tossers!
(Edit: Ooops! Don't let this post put you off BT. It was actually a fault with my computer.)

3 comments:

Dave E said...

You're putting me off changing mine, but as I'm with the dire Pipex (great till Tiscali took over) I must. So not BT, thinking about Plusnet.

ray said...

Search me Dave. I've only just mastered the washing machine.

henry said...

On BT after years on Cable& Wireless then Virgin - once it's set up BT wifi is better (honest) than the rest. Make sure you opt and download their Macafee antivirus, makes life much easier...
never used Plusnet.