“The society which has abolished every kind of adventure makes its own abolition the only possible adventure.” Paris, May 1968


Tuesday 2 September 2008

Soft Southern Tossers Beware.

I've been Up North. No, honest. Dockside pubs in such exotic ports as Blyth, Hull, Newcastle and Immingham have all been graced by my presence in the past and I have to admit that by and large the experience was a good one. High on my list of Northern adventures would have to be my introduction to Middlesbrough pub culture about 1962. Mind you, this in no way prepared me for my introduction to Sheffield Anarchists some ten years later! Gosh!
But I digress. What I wanted to say was that if any other soft,Southern,suburban tossers are planning a trip North and are looking for a bit of pre-voyage cultural preparation, they could do worse then visiting the outstanding Snook Cocker blog.

No comments: