“The society which has abolished every kind of adventure makes its own abolition the only possible adventure.” Paris, May 1968


Monday 29 September 2008

Reality Killed the Radio Star

Yesterday was the occasion of the allotment society autumn social and what with me winning the prize for biggest sunflower AND second prize in the raffle. Well! Did you know that the best ever book on allotments was written by former Freedom editor Colin Ward? I don't know if George Orwell mentioned allotments anywhere but I'm sure that he would have approved.
The evening found me in the Resonance FM studio as a guest on Wing Commander Bone's outstanding series " Freedom Pass Anarchists". It's always nice to chat to Ian so all in all I was feeling pretty chipper by the time I got back to area HQ.
I woke up this morning, brewed the first cup of builders of the day, switched the radio on and returned to earth with a bump. News of the far right electoral success in Austria was followed by a harrowing piece on child soldiers in Congo. I know that there is nothing I can do to influence either of these issues but it sure put last nights rambling reminiscing in perspective.

No comments: