“The society which has abolished every kind of adventure makes its own abolition the only possible adventure.” Paris, May 1968


Thursday 29 December 2011

Resolution Revolution

I have mixed feelings about charity. Well, not the actual act of being charitable which must surely be better than being un-charitable but I am very suspicious of millionaire philanthropy, corporate grand gestures and the whole industry of giving. That said, when people are in trouble they need help. They do not need a lecture on surplus value and the accumulation of capital and it's for that reason that I put my misgivings to one side and my hand in my pocket whenever I can.
I make no comment on the politics of Resolution Revolution, an initiative by the British Humanist Association. Make up your own minds. Happy New Year.

No comments: