“The society which has abolished every kind of adventure makes its own abolition the only possible adventure.” Paris, May 1968


Monday 15 November 2010

The Tourists were alright Annie.

I was listening to Annie Lennox being interviewed on radio this morning. I have always had a soft spot for Lennox. Apart from being an outstanding artist she always comes across as a really nice lady. One thing that I have never been able to understand is why the band she and Dave Stewart had before Eurythmics, The Tourists, was held in such low esteem by the music press and by Annie Lennox herself. The Tourists cover of Dusty Springfield's I Only Want To Be With You remains one of my all time fave toons.

1 comment:

Gitane said...

I've just seen ms lennox advertising her Christmas Carol cornucopia are we talking about the same artist wot got stevie wonder to play his mouth organfor her?