“The society which has abolished every kind of adventure makes its own abolition the only possible adventure.” Paris, May 1968


Tuesday 8 September 2009

At last. Sex on the kitchen floor.

I'm not big on DIY and home improvements but yesterday seemed like as good a time as any to paint our old kitchen table so I spread some newspaper on the floor and set to. Now as an atheist I find it a matter of regret that people believe in any of the many brands of medieval superstition on offer and certainly never get involved in religious infighting or sectarian squabbles. I also very rarely find anything amusing in The Observer but there it was, on the kitchen floor in front of me , a piece by one Kevin McKenna that started, "We Catholics are fond of mocking Protestant rectitude. We tell each other that Presbyterians don't like sex standing up as it may lead to dancing."  Laugh? I nearly knocked the paint over.

No comments: