“The society which has abolished every kind of adventure makes its own abolition the only possible adventure.” Paris, May 1968


Tuesday 21 April 2009

Tesco profits up.

It's a failing on my part I'm sure but when the business news comes on the air I tend to drift into a semi-coma. Likewise I never read the business and money pages of the paper. Old hippie that I am I find it all a bit boring but even I woke up on hearing that Tesco have just announced record annual profits of over £3 bn.  Economics is not my strong point but I had a nasty feeling all along that the fallout from the recession would not impact on everyone in the same way. Our day will come.

1 comment:

Dave E said...

Terry Leahy will get a nice big bonus no doubt, but I wonder how the workers will be rewarded - salary cuts to protect their jobs perhaps. Gotta protect the required ever increasing profits.